Wednesday 15 May 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #4



Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Pen to paper, where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

 I discovered this book thanks to a post from the BookDepository that appeared on my Facebook wall on Monday and the blurb immediately caught my attention. A crime novel with a timetravelling twist?  This has the ingredients for an awesome read.

For me, The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes awakens the same feelings as a horror movie does: scary but at the same time, I can't help but keep watching/reading, attracted as a moth to a flame. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

     Add to Goodreads
The girl who wouldn’t die, hunting a killer who shouldn’t exist…
A terrifying and original serial-killer thriller from award-winning author, Lauren Beukes.
1930’s America: Lee Curtis Harper is a delusional, violent drifter who stumbles on a house that opens onto other times.
Driven by visions, he begins a killing spree over the next 60 years, using an undetectable MO and leaving anachronistic clues on his victims’ bodies.
But when one of his intended ‘shining girls’, Kirby Mazrachi, survives a brutal stabbing, she becomes determined to unravel the mystery behind her would-be killer. While the authorities are trying to discredit her, Kirby is getting closer to the truth, as Harper returns again and again…
Source : Goodreads.com

And to sharpen your interest, here's a glimpse of the book's trailer. Check it out :o)


And if you need more, you can even read an excerpt of this novel over at Mulholland Books.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, nice pick! I need to check this out, looks really good!

    Hope you get it soon!
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks soooo good and I think I definitely need to pick it up next time I'm at my local supermarket. I love that cover too! Great choice, I hope you get it soon and enjoy it :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/wishlist-wednesday-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this on my TBR list -- it sounds good and creepy! I hope you enjoy!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this one, but very interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks interesting - hope you get to read it soon!
    Here's mine: http://danielleheartsbooks.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/wishlist-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sounds very interesting. A little creepy haha. I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/wishlist-wednesday-47.html

    ReplyDelete